Pumpkin Stew - trust us it's good!
This recipe is great served on the side any protein, but we like it with a braised or grilled piece of pork or chicken. Serves 2. 115 calories per serving.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups cubed pumpkin (butternut squash will work as well)
- ½ diced onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup fresh corn
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt TT
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Sauté onions in oil. Add squash, and raw corn.
- Add garlic and spices then stock and almond milk, cover.
- Let simmer until the pumpkin is almost tender, season TT and garnish with feta and parsley.